Pictures were taken in Southern California in Winter 2015. The camera is the default camera on the iPhone 5S. The test was cut short due to an unexpected rain storm.
Camo Test rules:
- Back of subject was photographed since the largest continuous area of the camouflage pattern is usually the back of the top
- Only the “green” backdrop is available due to the winter rain making plants grow.
- Subject stands upright in the same position for every set (exceptions are made in some additional photographs to show special observations). This is not a “Where’s Waldo” test.
- Subject was photographed in front of vegetation in background. This is to test the pattern, not the vegetation.
- If pants or hat in a particular pattern were not available, the corresponding multicam item was substituted in. In this test, I could not find my multicam boonie so I used a 1st Pattern South African Police hat instead.
- Photographs are not processed except to crop the image to reduce size. They were saved with the “save for web” function in photoshop, again to save size on this web server.
- Camera is the default camera on the iPhone 5S.
More information about theory behind military camouflage:
A document that resulted in ERDL becoming M81 Woodland: c020935 (originally from http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/c020935.pdf)
German 44 Dot Reproduction:
French Central European(CCE):
Russian Commercial “Polygon Centre” VSR: